Thursday, November 3, 2011

Rejoice in the Lord always

The past couple days I've been feeling a little...uh, I'm not quite sure, actually. But the main thing is that I feel almost as though Satan is picking at my weaknesses and throwing them in my face. Like, little things that wouldn't normally bug me make me want to punch people in the face. Teasing jokes people say that I would normally laugh over as well, now makes this little voice in the back of my head go, "Sure, they're joking now, but is that what they really think about you when you're not around?"Also, I feel like an utter dork sometimes. Like, really?? What were you trying to accomplish by that??

Alright, getting past the little mini-rant there....

At youth group last night, we were dealing with the first few verses of Philippians. The first few just talked about keeping unity in the church, but the next really spoke to me:

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!...Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
~Philippians 4:4-7

 No matter what's going on in life, no matter how much crap life may throw at you, you can always "fall back" on Jesus. He's always there. You can rejoice in Him, letting Him be your hope and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment